NAMI NJ Online Support Groups
Register for an online support group.
The following groups are being offered online, using the Zoom platform:
NAMI Family Support Group
Tuesdays at 12:00 pm
Wednesdays at 7:00 pm
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group
Wednesdays at 12:00 pm
Wednesdays at 7:00 pm
NAMI Family Support Group is a 60-90 minute support group for adult friends and family members (18+) of people with mental health conditions. Participants gain support from peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a 60-90 minute support group for adults (18+) with a mental health condition. Participants gain the support of peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes.
Please register by 4 pm on the day of the support group. We will limit attendance.
Spouse/Partner Support Group
2nd Thursdays of the month
October 8th, 7 pm
Gain support and share with others who can relate to your personal experiences. The group will follow the NAMI Signature Family Support Group Model and will be run by two trained facilitators. Participants must pre-register and be 18 years or older. Attendance will be limited to 15 people. Register here
Facilitators will take a few minutes to share an enhanced confidentiality reminder, emphasizing that we rely on callers to:
– Ensure that you and anyone else who can see or hear the call are members of the appropriate group.
– Note that Zoom and NAMI NJ collect basic information such as IP address, zip code, etc.
– Calls will not be recorded. Please do not take screenshots or any recordings, or take notes with personal information.
– Please close your door, close your computer when you step away, use a headset, etc. as needed to preserve group privacy if you are not alone.
– Individuals on the call who are “mandated reporters” will announce themselves. Please note, that all residents of NJ are mandated reporters of known or potential harm to a child.
– Even with pre-registration, we have no way of knowing who is listening to our meetings. Therefore, we urge attendees to be cautious when sharing personal information or anything others might perceive of as dangerous or threatening.
– If you have something critical to communicate with the facilitator which is private, you can use the CHAT feature, addressing him/her only.
– Remember that as a team of statewide facilitators, we are less likely to have local crisis diversion resources and background than those in your local affiliate or multicultural group.
Please click here to read more information on support groups.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jay Yudof, Recovery Programs Coordinator: email@example.com
Lynne Malloy, Affiliate Liaison/Family Support Group Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Hughes, Associate Director of Program Quality Assurance: email@example.com
Disclosure: NAMI NJ’s intention is to protect personal information. We will not use this information beyond registration and immediate safety purposes.
Visit www.naminj.org/covid19 to see how NAMI NJ is responding.