NAMI NJ Signature Programs Training 2017
Fall 2017 NAMI NJ Support and Speaker Training Announcement
NAMI has a number of “signature programs,” which are standardized through training and practices, so that wherever given in the US they will have similar outcomes. The programs include:
• NAMI Connection, a support group model where people dealing with mental health issues assist each other
• NAMI Family Support Group, a support group model where people dealing with mental health issues in a family member/loved one assist each other
• In Our Own Voice, a program where NAMI volunteers go into the community and make a live + video presentation about their recovery experience, in an effort to educate the community and reduce stigma.
Further information about each of these programs can be found on www.naminj.org
The Training Model
In order to facilitate the support groups, or to present In Our Own Voice, NAMI volunteers are given two full days of training by trainers who have been certified to do so by our national organization. The trainings are conducted and sponsored by NAMI New Jersey, which covers all expenses of providing these trainings. Most volunteers who attend the full two days of trainings for their respective programs are then certified to facilitate support groups or make presentations. Support group facilitators work with their local NAMI New Jersey affiliate or multicultural program, while In Our Own Voice is handled by NAMI New Jersey directly.
Fall 2017 Training Season
We have scheduled trainings for each of these three programs for the fall of 2017. Each will take place from 9:30am-5pm on two successive Saturdays at the NAMI New Jersey office in North Brunswick, or a nearby location. This is a ground-floor facility, but there are no accessible restrooms.
Training dates are planned for:
• October 14 & 21 for NAMI Family Support Group
• October 28 & November 4 for In Our Own Voice
• November 11 & 18 for NAMI Connection (Location TBD)
Applying for the Trainings
Because the number of trainings per year and the number of seats in each training are limited, space in these trainings is competitive. The application can be done in two ways:
Deadline for applications to the affiliate/program leader are:
• September 5 for NAMI Family Support Group
• September 19 for In Our Own Voice
• October 3 for NAMI Connection
For Further Information
Please visit www.naminj.org, speak with your affiliate/program leadership, or contact