Hearts & Minds
Sunday, November 1, 2020 | 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm
Fill the Bowl: A trip to the produce market.
We will look at some vegetables in season in our area, ready for a kitchen adventure.
Sunday, November 15, 2020 | 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm
Fill the Bowl: Lets cook it up.
We will pursue a healthy, practical recipe right in the kitchen with the produce products we picked out in the previous session.
Sunday, December 6, 2020 | 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm
Coaching approaches for goal setting and achievement.
All of us have personal goals which are not trivial to accomplish, and often require some combination of careful planning and coaching for accountability. These goals are often in the physical dimension of wellness, and sometimes involved other/multiple dimensions. In this session, we will overview:
1. The transtheoretical model of stages of change
2. Motivational Interviewing/Motivational Enhancement, including “change talk”
3. Self/peer and professional coaching choices and expectations
4. Baselining and tracking techniques
5. Using conditioning techniques to increase or decrease the frequency of behaviors to our goals
Visit our Programs Webinar webpage for a list of other signature & homegrown programs being offered online!
Research has demonstrated that people living with severe psychiatric conditions may have an increased risk of heart disease and related conditions. NAMI New Jersey’s Hearts & Minds program is an hour-long live presentation focusing on inner and outer wellness for people living with a mental illness. Hearts & Minds seeks to raise awareness and provide information on: medical self-advocacy, smoking cessation, addictions, healthy eating, exercise, and diabetes. The program is free to any facility or group throughout the state and includes goal setting and exercise and food journals.
– Taking the wellness approach can result in: 17 percent decline in total medical visits and 35 percent decline in medical visits for minor illnesses
– Wellness is about the individual— you can decide what parts of your life you would like to change.
– Focuses on: Medical Self-Advocacy, Smoking Cessation, Drug/ Alcohol Abuse, Healthy Eating, Mental Illness and Exercise, and Metabolic Syndrome/ Diabetes
– Includes Goal Setting and Sample Food and Exercise Journals
To schedule a Hearts & Minds presentation, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org