NAMI NJ Online Support Groups
Register for an online support group.
The following two groups are being offered online, using the Zoom platform:
NAMI Family Support Group
Tuesdays at 12 pm & Wednesdays at 7 pm
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group
Wednesdays at 12 pm & Wednesdays at 7 pm
Groups will continue to meet through the full month of April.
NAMI Family Support Group is a 60 minute support group for adult friends and family members (18+) of people with mental health conditions. Participants gain support from peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a 60 minute support group for adults (18+) with a mental health condition. Participants gain the support of peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes.
We will limit attendance to 12 people per meeting (first come, first served). If demand is high, we will discuss adding more sessions (please let us know if you are a certified facilitator, comfortable with online meetings, and willing to facilitate).
Facilitators will take a few minutes to share an enhanced confidentiality reminder, emphasizing that we rely on callers to:
– Ensure that you and anyone else who can see or hear the call are members of the appropriate group.
– Remember that Zoom and NAMI NJ collect some basic information as to where calls originate, IP address, etc.
– Calls will not be recorded. Please do not take screenshots or any recordings, or take notes with personal information.
– Please close your door, close your computer when you step away, use a headset, etc. as needed to preserve group privacy if you are not alone.
– Individuals on the call who are “mandated reporters” will announce themselves. Please note, that all residents of NJ are mandated reporters of known or potential harm to a child.
– Even with pre-registration, we have no way of knowing who is listening to our meetings. Therefore, we urge attendees to be cautious when sharing personal information or anything others might perceive of as dangerous or threatening.
– If you have something critical to communicate with the facilitator which is private, you can use the CHAT feature, addressing him/her only.
– Remember that as a team of statewide facilitators, we are less likely to have local crisis diversion resources and background than those in your local affiliate or multicultural group.
Please click here to read more information on support groups.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jennifer Hughes, Associate Director of Program Quality Assurance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jay Yudof, Recovery Programs Coordinator: email@example.com
Lynne Malloy, Affiliate Liaison/Family Support Group Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure: NAMI NJ’s intention is to protect personal information. We will not use this information beyond registration and immediate safety purposes.
Visit www.naminj.org/covid19 to see how NAMI NJ is responding.