NJ Mental Health Report Card
Grades by Category
I. Health Promotion and Measurement: C (25% of Total Grade)
Basic measures, such as the number of programs delivering evidence-based practices, emergency room wait-times, and the quantity of psychiatric beds by setting.
II. Financing & Core Treatment/Recovery Services: C (45% of Total Grade)
A variety of financing measures, such as whether Medicaid reimburses providers for all, or part of evidence-based practices; and more.
III. Consumer & Family Empowerment: B ( 15% of Total Grade)
Includes measures such as consumer and family access to essential information from the state, promotion of consumer-run programs, and family and peer education and support.
IV. Community Integration and Social Inclusion: D (15% of Total Grade)
Includes activities that require collaboration among state mental health agencies and other state agencies and systems.
• Strong executive and legislative commitment
• Evidence-based practices such as ACT and supportive housing
• Peer-run services and peer supports
• Resolve civil rights and safety issues in state hospitals
• Invest in services for people with co-occurring disorders
• Statewide implementation of jail diversion and community reentry programs